I use a few resources in my time surfing, thought some of this was useful to put down. Actually I don’t care, this is like glorfied bookmarking for me.
Finding great places to surf:
- https://www.theinertia.com/call-of-wild/5-tips-how-to-find-a-new-surf-spot/ – some good tips, like studying Google maps to find cool places.
- https://www.wbsurfcamp.com/a-guide-to-finding-your-secret-surf-spot/ – A cheesy but useful guide for beginners.
- https://stabmag.com/features/20-places-to-surf-before-2020/ – Places to surf before you die, some of these are on my bucketlist FOR SURE.
Some places I’ve surfed and useful info (if applicable) as tips link.
- Newquay, England (tips)
- Huntinton Beach, California
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Hawaii (all islands) (tips)
- Sydney, Australia
- Costa Rica (tips)
- Vendee Region, France (tips)
I have 2 boats, and they need to be kept in Marinas year round. These are my faves in North America, I’ll find and add their websites soon.
- Dog River Marina
- Harbour Town Yacht Basin
- Haven Harbour Marina
- Hawks Cay Resort & Marina
- Kingman Yacht Center
Oh and Dockwa is bloody useful too for finding cool, cheap Marinas.
Marine Biology Resources:
Since I love surfing – my time is spent in and around oceans. Naturally I developed a love for the creatures of the ocean. If you’re into understanding more about this wildlife, like I am – here’s my top resources for getting started on that journey too.
- Authority Aquarium – great fish magazine/review/aquarium/marine biology website. I like to keep fish ok – stop judging.
- Reef2Reef – great forum to ask questions and get started fish keeping. I have 100+ posts on this thing and people are so fucking helpful.